The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu Tour takes you high into the Andes mountains where you will trek for 4 days and sleep under the crisp Highland night. Experience the beautiful flora and fauna the Trail offers as well as iconic Inca sights like Inti Punku (The Sun Gate) and end the Inca Trail with a comprehensive tour of Machu Picchu.
We’ll pick you up from your hotel, in a shuttle to head toward KM 82 (2,650 masl / 8,694 ft.), the starting point of our hike, it is important to present our ORIGINAL ID for control of the Inca trail. On this day, we’ll observe the archaeological complex of Patallaqta, dry forests, the archaeological site of Willkaracay. Ending our walk in the community of Huayllabamba, our 1st camp (3,100 masl / 10,170 ft.).
After breakfast, we’ll start to climb; this is one of the most difficult days of the Inca Trail. Walk uphill to the open Warmiwañuska at (4,250 masl / 13,828 ft.), where we will see the imposing peaks of the Vilcanota mountain range, then we’ll descend to the 2nd camp of Pacaymayu at (3,600 masl / 11,811 ft.).
This is the longest day of the Inca Trail, but the most beautiful. We’ll observe the different ecological levels of the highlands of the place, the cloud forests and rain forests as well as all tourist sites like Runkurakay at (3,760 masl / 12,335 ft.), we’ll continue up to the pass at (3,900 masl / 12,795 ft.), where we will have a short rest and then descend to the archaeological rest of Sayacmarca at (3,625 masl / 11,893 ft.). Then, we’ll head to Phuyupatamarka at (3,600 masl / 11,811ft.), resting place to take some pictures of the mountains. Continuing on the staircases, we will take a path that leads down to our last camp Wiñaywayna.
Early in the morning, we will have our breakfast. Then, we’re gonna pass the control/check point of Wiñaywayna where we will be controlled our entrance ticket and then walk to the “Puerta del Sol”, known as “Inti Punku” (2,720 masl / 8,923 ft.). To get a first glance of Machupicchu. Leaving our backpacks, reservoir control, we will have some free time. Then, we’ll get back to Machu Picchu to have a 2-hour guided tour, about then, we’ll have free time to visit and enjoy the place on their own. We will take the bus to go down to the town of “Aguas Calientes”, to return by train to Ollantaytambo and then transport to Cusco.
- Transportation to Km. 82 (starting point of the walk).
- Entrance to Machu Picchu, Inca Trail.
- Professional Guide, 2 Guides in a group of elders of 9 people).
- Camping equipment (tents, mattress, tables, chairs, dining tent).
- Kitchen equipment.
- Porter's Group.
- Foodstuffs (3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners).
- Return train ticket from Machu Picchu to Ollantaytambo.
- Ollanta - Cusco Transport.
- Bus ticket from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes.
- First aid kit including oxygen.
Does Not Include:
- First breakfast and lunch on the last day.
- Sleeping bag.
- Extra porter (ask before departure).
- Gratuities to staff.
- The entrance to the mountain of Huayna Picchu (before making your reservation).
List of Suggestions:
- Original identification documents (passport, ID).
- Rain jacket & rain poncho.
- Some good walking shoes – also (sandals).
- Sleeping bag (plume).
- Flashlight – batteries.
- Binoculars (optional).
- Walking stick & protector (optional).
- Extra money.
- Small backpack & rain cover.
- Personal kit (if you have some illness).